The Future Ready Iowa Mentoring Program was developed to support the success of the Future Ready Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship program, moving Iowa toward its goal of ensuring that 70 percent of the workforce has education or training beyond high school by 2025.
All recipients of the Future Ready Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship are invited to be matched with mentors who are ideally working in their field of study. These students are either recent high school graduates or adult learners pursuing programs of study in high-demand job fields at an Iowa community college, accredited private college, or university.
Mentors and mentees will communicate online through an e-mentoring platform, which overcomes any geographic barriers or scheduling conflicts. Through engaging in the Future Ready Iowa Mentoring Program, students will establish meaningful career connections that enhance their academic experience and strengthen their job readiness skills. Students will be matched with mentors based on multiple factors including career goals, interests, and background.
Why Become a Mentor?
- DEVELOP feedback and communication skills
- SHARE your knowledge, connections, and experience
- ADVANCE your leadership skills and potential
- REPRESENT your career field and organization
Why Become a Mentee?
- NETWORK with professionals in the workforce
- LEARN job readiness strategies and skills
- DEVELOP communication and leadership skills
- EXPLORE professional development opportunities
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell